I'd like to give an assessment of keys to winning the game, from a perspective of a pats fan.
Keys to winning the game:
1) Keep the running game from the jets in check. They have 2 very good RB's, and the jets like to run the ball(#2 in Rushing yards). Keep that in check, and not giving up big running plays will force sanchez to throw, and eventually make a mistake.
2) Capitalize on the turnovers. I don't want to see our defense face their offense over and over again, and making our defense tired and the jets and their running game will eventually be too much for them.
3) STOP THEM ON 3RD DOWNS! With the type of running backs they have, you need to prevent them from converting as much as possible Although they are 32% on 3rd downs, sanchez never really helped them in that category. like i said in #1, keep the running game in check, force sanchez to throw, instead of having the jets run for the 1st.
1) take advantage of the middle with the run. Without Jenkins, i fear that the jets may have lost the best cog in their defense. Make them pay for it! But if it doesn't work, running and play-action would work well. The raiders need to be really creative with their plays because how rex ryan knows how to get a good defensive scheme going, and might figure out what the raiders might do next.
2) They need to watch blitzes on almost every play. therefore the raiders need to use screen and quick passes to take turn their blitzing into an advantage. A draw play might also come in handy!
3) They have an OUTSTANDING corner in Darrel Revis. Respect the guy, and hope russel avoids passing in his direction at all times, because 70-80% of the time it will either be a pass breakup or int.
4) MIX IT UP! don't rely on just the run or just the pass! Make the defense guess, and you will win.
I hope these were not bad keys to the game. I'd hate to share info. you already know, but thought it might be worthy to discuss about. Any ways, from a pats point of view, this game will be very difficult, and Ryan will likely yell at his player's performance last week against the bills. I doubt you'll see 5 ints from sanchez, or anything you saw against the bills, so lets hope for a great game next sunday!