Sitting at 7-4 right now, I cannot help but be glowing with "Silver and Black Pride", no pun intended. Since I am sitting in my college econ class with nothing else to do, I figured making a list that everyone can reflect on would be cool.
5. Richard Seymour- I don't like how Seymour commits dumb penalties out of frustration; however, you cannot deny that our defense would be terrible if we did not trade for him 3 years ago. Despite getting older, Big Dick Rich has been getting better. 4 sacks in 2009, 5.5 sacks in 2010, and now 6 sacks already in 2011 with 5 games to play. He is the beating heart and soul of our defense and even though it is unlikely, I hope he goes into the Hall of Fame as a Raider after being cast away by the Pats.
4. Michael Bush- How can you not like Michael Bush. McFadden goes down and Bush promptly runs for 105 YPG the next five games along with four touchdowns. Bush is by far the best back-up running back in the league. Even though he is going to cost money, I think it's very important we keep him next year in case the injury bug bites McFadden again. Another year of McFadden, Bush, and Taiwan would be just plain scary for defenses.
3. Darren McFadden- If McFadden stayed healthy this year and continued to tear it up, I would have had him higher than 3. He was on pace for 1500 yards when he went down. There is no doubt McFadden is a fantastic back, however, if he continues to get hurt and can only play 8-12 games per year, I don't know how valuable he is. Prior to last year, McFadden ran like Reggie Bush; always bouncing everything to the outside. I gained a lot of respect for him when he started to hit defenders head on. Overall, Run DMC is a beast.
2. Shane Lechler/Sebastian Janikowski (Package deal)- You are not a true Raiders fan if you don't appreciate the services of these two. Week in and week out they prove that they are the best at what they do. Lechler is a 6 time pro bowler, 8 time all-pro selection, and should be in the hall of fame when he retires. As for Jano, the public, other players, and media do not really like him, so as a result, he has not made any pro-bowls. That is absolute bullspit. With a hurt hamstring, he went 6/6 and basically won us the Bears game. I love both of these guys and I never go a game without appreciating them. I hope they are both Raiders for life.
1. JACOBY FORD- My bro-mance with Jacoby really took off last year against the Kansas City Chiefs. For those of you that don't remember, he had four top 10 sportscenter plays in the second half against KC. He has only been in the league for one and a half years and already has 5 kickoff return TDs. He's basically a Johnnie Lee Higgins that can catch. Not to mention, Jacoby is probably the fastest player in the NFL. Many great years to come from this young stud. Heal up Jacoby, we're gonna need you down the stretch.
There's my top 5. I welcome you guys to dive in and share.