While most of the world's attention in 24 hours is on London where some upper class twit is marrying his (admittedly stunningly hot) girlfriend, my eyes are firmly planted towards the other side of the Atlantic and Radio City Music Hall, and will be for the next three days to the detriment of my studies and social life.
As is our tradition, my stepdad has taken the whole week off (well, only three days of a week but still) to prepare his mock draft, my best friend just finished his and I've already got mine. Once we have them we start preparing for our annual NFL Draft Drinking Game.
- Drink a beer for every pick.
- Drink a beer every time you make a correct pick.
- Drink a shot of tequila every time you make two correct picks in a row.
- Skull a beer when you get three wrong in a row.
- Drink a beer for every crying mom/sister/girlfriend/baby mama/other female figure.
- Drink a shot of tequila every time one of said crying females is worthy of a root. (As you may have guessed, my mum tends to go out on draft day).
- Skull a beer when a player from our favourite college team (stepdad Tennessee, best mate USC, me Miami) gets drafted.
- Skull whenever your team is picking.
- Waterfall if the others both agree it's a stupid pick.
We've been playing this game for three years now (since me and best mate hit legal drinking age) and generally we prepare a new set of extra rules based on the talking points of each draft (for example, last year it was tequila shots whenever Tim Tebow was mentioned and a beer whenever Jimmy Clausen was mentioned) and this year it's my turn, but I'm kinda stuck. If anyone has any extra rules worth sharing, I'd like to hear them.
Now, here's what I hope happens for the RRRRAIDERS draft.
- No offensive skill positions before the 6th round.
- Al doesn't let his cornerback fetish get the better of him by taking one with the 48th or moving up for a CB not named Patrick Peterson, Prince Amukamara or Jimmy Smith.
- At least two offensive linemen who can start and be effective.
- No reaches for speedy players.
- Please God, no Ryan Mallett or Dontay Moch.
That's it for me for now. I better go start preparing my liver. Screwfish out.