This is not talking about who to retain and who not to, I think we HAVE to keep Zach Miller, Michael Bush and Michael Huff (less so with Huff)considering how little deph we have at each of those positions. But this is about the other spots we need and in what order we should pursue them
1. Dashon Goldson - Regardless of us losing Huff or not Goldson is a good target for us, he is very solid all the way around. He will never blow the doors off of you but he will get his job done. If we got him and kept Huff we could maybe move Huff to CB so we can try and mend the loss of Nnamdi Asomugha.
2. Kevin Burnett - If we are looking to upgrade at OLB he is a solid fit, he can pass rush and stop the run very well. He got 96 tackles last season and San Diego hasn't expressed much interest in keeping him
3. Carlos Rogers - A guy flying under the radar but a solid young CB none the less, he shouldn't be too expensive and he is productive. We have to find a CB to help sure up the outside. Chris Johnson may get cut and Stanford Routt definitely is a question mark rather he can guard the best WR's in the NFL.
4. Richard Marshall - One of the few bright spots for Carolina last year, he is a very good tackler at CB and is decent in coverage. It is highly likely he leaves Carolina as well. Again, another player to help try and fill our CB need.
5. Quincy Black - Another potential upgrade at OLB for us, he is a really tough player and is good in coverage. He is not a big time run stopper but is solid none the less. He also provides special teams help
6. Donte Whitner - I think he should only be a target if we lose Huff, he is rather versatile but does not truly excel in coverage. He is a really good tackler though and can help sure up the run defense.
7. Nate Clements - He is past his prime and getting older but if all else fails why not sign him and try and get some sort of veteran leadership in the secondary?