Injury news ruled the day at the Oakland Raiders training camp as the nick virus is spreading. It was revealed that Louis Murphy and Chris Johnson had "procedures" on what is assumed to be the hamstring/groin injuries. Murphy has already been ruled out for the opener. CJ is expected back sooner.
What may be even more concerning is the fact that Samason Satele left practice early with hip issues and was taken to the hospital for X-rays. Hue described it as a minor nick. Although the fact that he went to the hospital is a touch bit concerning. Hopefully Satele doesn't miss much time. The offensive line needs some time to gel and learn how to function as a unit. And right now, Satele and Heyer are both out.
- Bruce Campbell is on the field and he reportedly looked good while pass blocking Lamarr Houston. He spent most of the day at RG. He did nick his thumb, but the nick was taped up and he was able to continue.
- Denarius Moore again had the catch of the day, but he was also reported to not be making quite as many plays as earlier in camp.
- DVD moved into the first team with CJ out. He will be the likely starter against San Francisco next week. The reps will be good. He needs them.
- Jason Campbell is looking good. Al Saunders said they went back and reviewed every pass from a drop back situation in practice and Campbell is completing 76 percent of them.
- Hue Jackson was at his raving best to crank up the intensity.
- DHB had a solid day.
- It sounds like Shaun Bodiford has taken the lead for the last receiver spot on the roster. Bodiford also has the ability to return punts. Look out, Nick Miller.
- Nicks on the following players kept them from practicing: Jacoby Ford (broken left hand), Louis Murphy (hamstring/groin) and Chaz Schilens (sprained knee), fullback James McCluskey, tailbacks Taiwan Jones (hamstring) and Darren McFadden (fractured eye socket), offensive linemen Stephon Heyer (strained right triceps), Lou Eliades and Alan Pelc, defensive backs Hiram Eugene (dislocated left hip), Chris Johnson, Mike Mitchell and Zac Etheridge (knee) and defensive lineman Trevor Scott (knee)