If Terrelle Pryor has to sit 5 NFL games due to his suspension is it fair that Jim Tressel be given an opportunity to work for the Colts and begin getting paid from day one when the issues with Ohio State Football ultimately cost him his job?.
Here's what we know:
1. Ohio State players committed flagrant violations of NCAA rules. We're not talking about accidentally in the same room as a booster's son. These were obvious, flagrant violations: the sale of autographs and memorabilia for hard cash.
2. Jim Tressel learned about these activities not terribly long after they occurred. He did not receive partial information, but rather was presented with the damning truth. He knew what happened, and all of what happened.
3. Upon learning what happened, Jim Tressel tried to brush the problem under the rug. That is, rather than taking the issue to the athletics department and its compliance division, he took actions consistent with an administrator who assumed this could all be kept out of the public light.
4. The transgressions did come to public light, and Jim Tressel was questioned about his knowledge of the incidents. Jim Tressel lied, not only failing to disclose the actions he did take, but purporting not to have known about them at all.
5. When email records made clear that Tressel did know about them, he had a second chance to come clean, but revised his story, stating that while he had heard about the allegations, he simply did not handle them exactly as he should have.
6. Email records made clear that Tressel's subsequent story was also a lie. He not only knew about the transgressions, but he did much more to try and keep them buried than he had let on in his first mea culpe.
Well, it seems the Coach is as much a part of this mess as the players. He had a choice, he could have did the right thing and notified the appropriate parties and exposed this mess when he first heard about it. If Terrelle Pryor cannot participate until the fifth game, in my Opinion Jim Tressel should need to sit out as well.
The above info I did get from the OSU Jim Tressel blog..After further research it proved accurate.