Round 3: Compensatory Pick for Nnamdi Asomugha
Brandon Boykin (CB-Georgia)
- Boykin is a fast corner with good punt returning skills, but more importantly a good tackler. He also usually has good awareness and doesn't get called for many stupid penalties. Character and good fundamentals far outweigh 5'9" anyday of the week
Round 4: Compensatory Pick for Zach Miller
Doug Martin (RB-Boise State)
- Martin is highly underrated because of what Kellen Moore did for 3 years at Boise State. This last season, I got a good look at Doug Martin and think he's the perfect compliment to Mike Bush and Darren McFadden. I think either Bush or McFadden will be gone, and Martin will be the replacement. Steal here.
Round 4: Pick acquired in trade of DeMarcus Van Dyke
Tavon Austin (WR-West Virginia)
- Van Dyke was for sure an Al Davis pick. The fastest man at the combine. But with Huff moving to CB, and Chimdi Chekwa being able to play free safety behind Giordano, DVD has no place here, especially with Boykin in Round 3. With his speed though, Austin'll be a Raider. We could always relish a 4th speedster to go with Ford, Moore, and DHB, especially if they can't stay healthy. The kid lit it up in the Orange Bowl, and I honestly have no clue where he will go. For now, I'll put a 4th round grade on him and call him a Raider.
Round 5: Our Pick: Traded to NYJ for Greg McElroy
- Here's my link to why I think this is worth it. All and all, McElroy probably should have been a fourth or fifth rounder, and the Jets won't want him back, and he is a much need upgrade to Boller, and Pryor is just a project at this point.
Round 5: Compensatory Pick for Robert Gallery
Donte Paige-Moss (DE-UNC)
- Although a head case, this guy reminds me of Carlos Dunlap. The Bengals reigned him in, and now he's a Pro Bowl quality defensive end. Another steal, and Paige-Moss could play in the 3-4 or the 4-3. Very versatile.
Round 6: Our Pick
Ryan Miller (OG-Colorado)
- This guy is from my hometown of Columbine, CO. I saw him maul all of Colorado 5A High School football, and he was the only mainstay on a putrid Buffaloes O-Line. He will be starting at right guard for us in two years when Carlisle is gone.
What position needs to be addressed most with our 3rd round Comp. Pick
Defensive Secondary (124 votes)
Running Back (8 votes)
Defensive Front 7 (66 votes)
198 total votes