I asked Raider Nation which of the combine physical drills they valued most in an offensive lineman. The top vote getter was the bench press. Second among the options was the 3 cone drill. Here are the top performer results of those drills in the 2012 combine.
1. David Molk, Michigan- 41
2. David DeCastro, Stanford- 34
3. Justin Anderson, Georgia- 32
3. Tony Bergstrom, Utah- 32
3. Ryan Miller, Colorado- 32
3. Kelechi Osemele, Iowa State- 32
3. Kevin Zeitler, Wisconsin- 32
Observation: Michigan's David Molk out-benched the next best number by 7 reps and the rest of the top five by 9 reps.
3 cone Drill
1. David DeCastro, Stanford- 7.30
2. Matt Kalil, USC- 7.33
3. Brandon Mosley, Auburn- 7.43
4. Taylor Dever, Notre Dame- 7.49
4. Nate Potter, Boise State- 7.49
Observation: Stanford's David DeCastro not only had the best numbers in the 3 cone drill but he was second in bench press reps. He is the only one among the offensive lineman to be in the top five in both categories. And probably explains why he is the top-rated guard in the draft.