I asked Raider Nation which of the physical drills they valued most in a wide receivers. The top vote getter was the 40 yard dash. Second among the options was the vertical jump. Here are the top performers in those drills at the 2012 combine.
40 yard dash:
1. Travis Benjamin, Miami- 4.36
1. Stephen Hill, Georgia Tech- 4.36
1. Chris Owusu, Stanford- 4.36
4. AJ Jenkins, Illinois- 4.39
4. Devon Wylie, Fresno State- 4.39
1. Kashif Moore, UConn- 43.5
2. Jerrell Jackson, Missouri- 41.0
3. Chris Owusu, Stanford- 40.5
4. Stephen Hill, Georgia Tech- 39.5
4. Keshawn Martin, Michigan State- 39.5
Observations: There tends to be a connection between vertical leap and 40 time much of the time because both show leg strength. This is part of the reason we see Stephen Hill and Chris Owusu in the top five in both drills. All of the other receivers are also in the top ten in both categories.