At the halfway point of the season, I have been surprised by some of the things I have seen in the AFC West. Before the season began, I made some pretty accurate predictions (Ryan Matthews being ineffective for one), while others have been completely different than I thought (KC undefeated?!). Not including the Raiders, what things in the AFCW have surprised you?
1) The most surprising offensive player...
2) The most surprising defensive player...
3) The player you would most want to see get stranded on an island until the season ends...
Again, NOT including the Raiders. For me it goes something like this:
1) Alex Smith. I really thought he would have to hump Reid's leg to remain a starter after week 2.
2) Tamba Hali. A potential HOF last year, but is not living up to the hype this season.
3) Peyton Manning. It probably wouldn't affect the Raider's chances at playoffs too much, but I hate Denver and would love to see them go from 1st in the power rankings to anywhere beneath the Raiders.
But in truth, there a several names I could have substituted in my selections. What are your selections?