My name is kittylover, proud member of Cat Scratch Reader (Panthers). Over on CSR, I am involved in a mock "Off season". We have already had various trades allowed between teams, limit of 3, and also are wrapping up our "FA period". Each team started with $25 to re-sign players and go after FA.'s. I, as the Raider GM, have already made a few moves...
- Trade #1- Traded MLB R. McClain and a 4th round pick to the Jets for NT Kenrick Ellis and a 6th round pick. McClain had to go and Ellis could be a nice replacement for R. Seymour.
- Trade #2- Traded QB C. Palmer to the Texans for QB TJ Yates. I hate Palmer and like Yates. I could never even begin to recoup anything close to what this guy cost, as far as draft picks, so I thought I would just end this fiasco and move on. Say what you will, but I like Yates. I think Yates and Pryor could make for an interesting competition going forward, but I will admit that I probably should have gotten more for Palmer.
- Resigned Players- DT D. Bryant and OLB P. Wheeler have been retained.
- FA Signings- CB A. Talib, DT G. Dorsey, and CB C. Munnerlyn. Added 2 starters and a very nice nickel/special teams player that could also challenge for a job starting opposite Talib.
- FA Lost- TE B. Myers and DT R. Seymour. Meyers is over-rated and Seymour is over-the-hill. Too expensive to even consider.
- Draft Picks- The Raiders now have 9 picks, by rounds, as follows...1, 3, 3, 5, 6, 6, 6, 7, and 7. Also 2 more draft day trades will be allowed.
- Players Released- We will cut players after the draft (I have a list, and Kelly is at the very top of it).
We are conducting a full 7 round draft about a week after the Combine. I was just looking for opinions about the moves I have made so far. Any and all opinions are welcome. Also, I would love any insight on draft targets that SBP has been keeping your eyes on. Thanks a lot, and I will post again after the draft...