NFL Free Agency starts at 1pm PST today and the moves will be coming fast and furious. Stay up to date and chat with fellow Raiders fans here.
As the deadline approaches, teams across the league are feverishly working to sign and cut players in preparation for the start of Free Agency.
Some players are getting locked in so they don't become unrestricted free agents while other players are being released in a last ditch effort to clear cap space for potential free agent signing.
In all the frenzy, there has already been a fake Twitter account opened by some guy who fooled a great many sports reporters, myself included, that he was breaking news. So, for those of you who caught the news that Vince Young said he was "Blessed" to be getting a workout with the Raiders next week, and now can't figure out what happened to it, that's why it's gone.
More: If you haven't yet, be up to speed with the Raiders Free Agency Primer
Now let's get to the ACTUAL news of the day as it comes down the pipe:
- Vikings release cornerback Antoine Winfield - He's considered one of the better corners in the league although he is 35 years old so he is likely to be a late addition to a corner deficient team if he doesn't simply retire.
- Broncos are expected to cut DE Elvis Dumervil once they have signed a replacement. - The Raiders could have interest in Dumervil (who my fingers always want to type "Dumbervil" every time for some reason). They need to improve their pass rush and Dumb...I mean...Dumervil is a proven pass rusher.
- Jets are reportedly targeting Mike Goodson to replace Shonn Green. - Goodson was acquired last preseason in a trade that sent offensive lineman Bruce Campbell to the Panthers. Goodson averaged 6.3 yards per carry for the Raiders last season. He makes for a nice speedy scat back behind Darren McFadden. On the flip side, he is seen as a zone blocking scheme running back and the Raiders are switching back to power blocking.
- The Rams have re-signed DE Williams Hayes -- Hayes was on my Raiders wishlist. In limited snaps last season, he showed great abilities both as a pass rusher and in run support. He won't even hit the open market.
- Panthers re-sign TE Ben Hartsock -- One of the better tight ends set to become free agent will not be.
- The Eagles release CB Nnamdi Asomugha -- This move was pretty much expected as his release clears $11 million in cap space for the Eagles. He shouldn't be out of work long but I don't expect the Raiders to make a play for him.
- The Vikings have re-signed OT Phil Loadholt -- One less right tackle on the market. Raiders looking to upgrade the position. Gosder Cherilus and Eric Winston top my Raiders wishlist for offensive linemen.
- TE Anthony Fasano has signed with the Chiefs -- This is a huge blow to the Raiders who were thought to be a frontrunner for Fasano's services. He topped my Raiders wishlist for tight ends. Next up is Delanie Walker and Fred Davis.
- WR Mike Wallace deal with Dolphins is said to be all but done. -- He was way out of Raiders price range anyway.
- Bills QB release Ryan Fitzpatrick -- He would be a great backup in Oakland. Or even a decent starter in a pinch.
- TE Martellus Bennett deal with the Chicago Bears is all but done -- He was a top tight end, obviously, but his asking price was out of Giants range which means it was out of Raiders range too.
- Browns and DE Paul Kruger are close to a deal. Now bot the top DE's on my Raiders free agent wishlist are gone. Williams Hayes was the other. He re-signed with the Rams prior to free agency.
- OG Andy Levitre has agreed to terms with the Titans -- He was arguably the hottest guard on the market. The Raiders could use a guard but are not desperate for one.
- LB Kaluka Maiava to visit Raiders according to Albert Breer.
- Broncos sign former Chargers OG Louis Vasquez -- He was among a long list of good guards in free agency the Raiders could show interest in.
- Raiders RFA CB Phillip Adams was not tendered. He is now an unrestricted free agent.
- Ttians sign TE Delanie Walker -- Tight end market is thinning out. All the best guys are gone. Fred Davis, Dustin Keller, Ben Watson among best still out there.
- Colts sign OT Gosder Cherilus -- He topped my Raiders free agent wishlist along with Eric Winston who is still unsigned.
- Colts sign CB Greg Toler -- Making a second consecutive Raiders wishlist player signed by Colts.
-- Chargers sign OT King Dunlap -- He was a fill in last season for a few games at left tackle. Chargers are desperate at the left tackle position. Dunlap ensures they at least have an option in case they don't get one of the top OT in the draft.
- The trifecta for Colts as they sign OG Donald Thomas -- Another player on the wishlist. Geoff Schwartz anyone?
- S Chris Clemons stays in Miami on a one-year deal. -- He was one of the best free safeties out there.
- LB Dannell Ellerbe signs with the Dolphins -- Super Bowl teams saw their players get swiped up quick. Too much to ask for Raiders to put down the kind of money they commanded after playing in the big game.
- Vikings re-sign S Jamarca Sanford
- Turns out Raiders re-signed Phillip Adams to a one-year deal. Told ya the Raiders wouldn't be silent today. Splash.
- TE Jared Cook signs with the Rams - Another TE off the board.
- OT Jermon Bushrod signs with the Bears -- A Pro Bowl left tackle who our own James Arcellana liked as a possible Raiders acquisition.
- Raiders to make multiple cuts today. Can't announce it yet as they are currently attempting to contact one of the players. Hold onto your butts.
- Ravens sign DT Chris Canty
- Raiders cut Michael Huff, Darrius Heyward-Bey, and Dave Tollefson
- Eagles sign CB Fletcher Bradley, S Patrick Chung, LB Jason Phillips and DL Isaac Sopoaga
- DT Desmond Bryant signs with the Browns -- Means Raiders lose their top two free agents this year. Tough break.