Jake Matthews at #5 - I am really warming up to this ideal pick.
Consider how many birds are effected with this one stone:
1. He starts day one at RT upgrading it and our entire OL
2. He gives us leverage in the negotiations with JV
3. He immediately becomes our back up at LT and there is no drop off and maybe improvement!
4. Allows Watson to move inside where he can develop properly - upgrades our athleticism and power at guard.
5. Improves our ability to run, pass and stops the constant false starts cause by the ever present Khalif Barnes
6. Moves the aforementioned Barnes away from Tackle to LG /Swing tackle spot to which he is deserving.
7. Brings the Matthew's toughness and pedigree to the Raiders where it rightly is needed.
Imagine a line JV, Barnes/FA- Wiz/Mack - Watson/Breisel - Matthews/McCants/Pashos
One player - 6 effects!
Can any other player really accomplish this in this draft? Just asking!