The Raiders are, of course, on hand for Senior Bowl week in Mobile Alabama to scout the players who will be taking part in the game. They also need a quarterback. Once such quarterback who is participating this week is Clemson's Tajh Boyd, who told Charlie Campbell of Walterfootball.com that it is the Raiders who have shown the most interest this week.
"I think the Raiders have been showing the most so far," said Boyd. "I have a lot of other meetings set up, so we'll just have to see how the week goes."
Heading into his senior season, he was seen as one of the top quarterbacks in the nation. He and consensus top pick, Teddy Bridgewater were often mentions in the same breath. His play over his senior season didn't vault him into the top of the draft as he had hoped and he is no longer seen as a first round product. How he performs this week could help decide where he could land.
It's interesting because many draft analysts have the Raiders taking Boyd's top receiver, Sammy Watkins with their first round pick at number five overall.
- What position each Raiders position is in
- Terrelle Pryor re-hires agent Rosenhaus
- What position the Raiders position is in: Defensive tackle
- Raiders Charles Woodson says Tom Brady "owes me his house" for tuck rule game
- Raiders officially retain Al Saunders, others, part ways with defensive backs coaches