Here is a mock draft I composed for 2014 with free agency. Being realistic and not just picking all the best players is how I came up with this. So not all the picks/ free agents are my personal choice but I think they would work and its something RM could very well do.
We'll start with the free agents on our team now. I've listed some of the key players but not all of them.
- Charles Woodson FS ( resign )
- Vance Walker DT ( resign - bench )
- Jared Veldheer OT ( resign )
- Lamar Houston DE ( resign )
- Pat Sims DT ( resign )
- Rashad Jennings RB ( resign )
- Mike Jenkins CB ( resign - bench ) I know he wasn't very good but I believe Porter will go elsewhere
Now the free agents that we will bring in. Keep in mind I may not like all of them as much as the next guy but trying to think outside the box.
- Rodger Saffold OG from STL
- Paul Soliai DT from MIA
- Hakeem Nicks WR from NYG
- Sam Sheilds CB from GB
- Walter Thurmond CB from SEA
- Jared Allen DE from MINN
- Mark Sanchez QB from NYJ ( once he's released, it's just a gut feeling )
- Kory Sheets RB from the CFL
Now for the draft and Ill start by saying I wanted to do it with no trades but I have a feeling we will make at least one to pick up additional picks. I see the Raiders trading their second round pick #36 to SF who happens to have plenty for one of their two second rounds #55 and one of their thirds #77. Now lets begin.
- RD 1 Khalil Mack OLB Buffalo
- RD 2 Ed Reynolds FS Stanford
- RD 3 Anthony Johnson DT LSU
- RD 3 Zach Mettenberger QB LSU
- RD 4 Will Clarke DE WVU
- RD 6 Bennet Jackson CB ND
- RD 7 Storm Johnson RB UCF
- RD 7 Ryan Groy OG WISC
Well that does it so I hope everyone enjoys reading my post and I don't get too criticized for it. I know I'll hear some moans and groans for Sanchez I'm sure, but remember not all are my favorites and think outside the box.