I should not wonder, but I do- where do the Raiders go from here.
We have signed a wonderful group of productive and veteran professionals, stabilizing our porous offensive line, adding yet another 1/2 type WR in Jones, upgrading at nearly every position on this team.
We then sign our veteran QB - who I believe will be a 20/10 TD to INt guy - a little better than game manager who, if the running game takes off could guide us to 6-8 wins.
Still, we have many holes and still have a lot of $$ to spend thanks to our adroit GM. WE have now re-structured the over-payed Schaub and moved him into a contract with great possibility and little risk to the team.
With a little more than 21 million now to spend - what are the possibilities for this team's direction?
Things I could see happening soon:
1. Desean Jackson signed - we need a true number one for Schaub to be successful - he had this in Houston when he was at his best.
2.Owen Daniels brought in - again, this is to make Schaub shine more brightly - this only makes sense since RM/DA jobs are hinged on our new QB.
3. We could trade up with Houston for the #1 pick and draft either Blake Bortles or JaDaveon Clowney. We need the generational defensive playmaker now - or - we need the future signal caller who experts are saying will be the best but is raw now. He definitely has a high upside and could really benefit from Schaub;s tutelage. I say all this knowing we will have to forfeit a 2015 high draft pick and our #5 pick this year. Still, I can see us going all-in on Clowney now that mentors Woodley, Tuck and Woodson are here.
4. We could stand pat and draft Robinson - this also makes sense as a running game is absolutely essential to making Schaub successful in play action!
5. We could look for a trade partner and go after Aaron Donad/Ra'shede Haggeman in the middle first round. I see this as somewhat unlikely as this draft is loaded with talent.
6. We could stand pat and draft Sammy Watkins at 5. I see this mainly if our WR corps remains as is. If Jackson is added, I can see this situation become the boon for a trade down - many teams could vie for his services as he is projected to be a true number 1 WR in the NFL.
7. I can see us looking to upgrade our DT, LB and DB with additions still to be made via FA - either now or after the June 1 cuts. Pat Sims could be a target, but I do not think the team was really impressed with him! I could easily see Rob Jackson, Alex Carrington or Thomas DeCoud being targeted.
Where do you see us going?