The Oakland Raiders, albeit at less than full strength, look to build off of a come from behind victory against the Rams last week as they invade the University of Phoenix Stadium in Arizona to tangle with the Arizona Cardinals.
My 5 keys to the game:
1) Keep Bruce Gradkowski Healthy - A healthy Gradkowski has, at the very least, given the Raiders a chance to win every game that he has participated in except for the short week loss t the Cowboys last Thanksgiving. Gradkowski progresses through his reads quickly and he can go deep if he is given some time. the entire team changes when he comes in and he must stay in if the Raiders want to win this game.
2) Get Zack Miller involved in the red Zone -p Miller is our best Red Zone option and he hasn't been a factor at all in the first tow games of the season. Miller needs to be the target on blitzes as we all know that the blitz will be coming early and often.
3) Stop the run - Beannie Wells and Hightower are a formidable backfield and if our safeties have to cheat up, then Anderson will be able to do what he does best, throw the deep ball. If the front 7 can handle their business against the run, then the DB's can have a field day and make some plays.
4) Establish the run - McFadden and Bush are as dangerous a running tandem as the NFL has to offer and they must get off today. If they do their thing, then I expect the receivers to be able to get open downfield because the safeties will have to cheat.
5) Win the turnover battle - Arizona is a team that will put the ball on the ground and also give it up through the air. I am predicting that 3 turnovers will win it for the Raiders. Any less and I am not so sure.
It is nearly gametime!!! I am pumped!!! Go RAIDERS!!!!!
Cardinals Week 3 inactives: WR Early Doucet, LB Alex Hall, QB John Skelton, CB A.J. Jefferson, S Hamza Abdullah, CB Brandon McDonald, C Ben Claxton and NT Gabe Watson.