Raiders.com has a series going to help us fans get to know the players on the team better. They call the series "Fast Facts" and they lay out 5 things about a certain player that you may not know about them.
I thought this series provided a fun way to kill some time with a pop quiz for all you die hard fans out there. I would like you to match the player to the "Fast Fact" about them. Here is a list of all of the players used in the quiz, each player is used only once in the quiz:
Justin Tuck / Carlos Rogers
Maurice Jones-Drew / LaMarr Woodley
Antonio Smith / James Jones
Matt Schaub / Tarell Brown
Brice Butler / C.J. Wilson
Austin Howard / Charles Woodson
Greg Little / Stefen Wisniewski
Tyvon Branch / Usama Young
Ok, now in the comments section below type out your answers and match each name to the numbered question below. Remember, each player is only used one time!
1. He played collegiately at Penn State and was a three-time Academic All-American (2008-10), earning a 4.0 grade-point average during the 2009 spring and 2007 fall semesters. He was the first Penn State student-athlete to be named an Academic All-American three times. He was also named First Team All-Big Ten in 2009 and 2010.
2. He holds multiple defensive records at Notre Dame, including career sacks (24.5), tackles for loss (43), and sacks in a season (13.5).
3. He is a San Jose, Calif., native and spent time in a multitude of homeless shelters with his mother during his youth. he moved in with his grandmother during high school where he lettered in basketball, track and football.
4. His 13 NFL defensive touchdowns are tied with Rod Woodson and Darren Sharper for the most all-time.
5. He won the 2006 Lombardi Award as a senior at the University of Michigan, totaling 12 sacks which led the Big Ten conference.
6. He owns multiple records at UCLA, including TDs in a game (5), career all-purpose yards (4,688), and single game rushing yards (322).
7. He has 41.5 career sacks and 10 forced fumbles, with a career high seven sacks in 2012, and is third on the Texans all-time sack list with 27.
8. During his playing career as a Trojan, he had 20 receptions for 404 yards and 3 touchdowns. He added 24 catches for 347 yards at San Diego State after graduating at USC with a degree in public policy.
9. He holds the Auburn University career record for pass deflections (40), which also ranks second in SEC history.
10. He was the recipient of the 49ers’ Thomas Herrion Award in 2007, honoring the rookie or first-year player who has taken advantage of every opportunity, turned it into a positive and made their dreams come true.
11. When his collegiate career ended, he was drafted in the third round (66th overall) of the 2007 draft by the New Orleans Saints and was a member of the team that won Super Bowl XLIV.
12. He started 57 consecutive games for the Raiders from 2009-12, but that streak ended in 2013.
13. In 2012, he earned the Kyle Clifton Good Guy Award, which recognizes exceptionally consistent willingness, cooperation and professionalism in daily interaction with the various departments in the Jets organization.
14. He attended the University of North Carolina where he played both football and basketball.
15. He attended East Carolina University where he finished his collegiate career with 37 consecutive starts and earned the Conference-USA Defensive Player of the Year award.
16. He was named the MVP of the 2005 American Bowl preseason game in Tokyo, Japan.
Have at it folks, but please no cheating. Good Luck! I will provide the answers in the comments section tomorrow morning.