There were seven rule changes made this year by the NFL. Here they are:
1. Extra point attempts from 15-yard-line (33-yards out) which were on a trial basis last season has been made permanent.
2. Offensive and defensive play-callers on the coaching staffs may use the coach-to-player communication system regardless of whether they are on the field or in the coaches' booth.
3. All chop blocks are now illegal.
16. Horse collar rule is expanded to include when a player grabs the jersey at the nameplate or above and pulls a player down to the ground.
17. Teams will be called for Delay of Game penalty if they attempt to call a timeout when they are not permitted to do so.
18. Eliminates five yard penalty when an eligible receiver illegally touches a forward pass out of bounds and re-establishing himself inbounds. It will now simply be a loss of downs.
19. Eliminates multiple spots of enforcement for a double foul after a change of possession.