After their loss to the Patriots in week 11, the Raiders moved into range of a top ten pick in the 2018 NFL draft. A couple of wins brought them back to .500 and thinking playoffs. Now a devastating loss in KC has revived high draft pick possibilities.
Currently the Raiders sit at 12 in the draft order should the season end today. This would be their highest draft position since 2015 when they had the 4th overall pick and used it to select wide receiver Amari Cooper out of Alabama.
With three games remaining, their range is still quite fluid. Should they lose out, they could pick as high as third overall. Though that would also require the 49ers and Colts to win out. Even if they win a game, the Raiders are in range of the fifth overall pick.
Their range the other way is wide open because technically speaking they are not out of the playoff race.
Here is the current top 20 draft order:
- Cleveland Browns (0-13)
- New York Giants (2-11)
- San Francisco 49ers (3-10), (.485)
- Indianapolis Colts (3-10), (.515)
- Houston Texans (4-9), (.491)
- Denver Broncos (4-9), (.509)
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers (4-9), (.533)
- Chicago Bears (4-9), (.580)
- Cincinnati Bengals (5-8), (.444)
- New York Jets (5-8), (.491)
- Washington (5-8), (.574)
- Oakland Raiders (6-7), (.467)
- Arizona Cardinals (6-7), (.503)
- Miami Dolphins (6-7), (.544)
- Dallas Cowboys (7-6), (.450)
- Los Angeles Chargers (7-6), (.452)
- Green Bay Packers (7-6), (.497)
- Detroit Lions (7-6), (.515)
- Baltimore Ravaens (7-6), (.521)
- Seattle Seahawks (8-5)