The free agency negotiating period aka ‘legal tampering’ period is set to begin at 9am Pacific time. Once it does, the rumors and reports will fly. We will attempt to catch them all and corral them here to keep you informed on the latest which either directly involve the Raiders and/or their players or those which could affect the Raiders’ free agency plans.
You can brush up on the Raiders plans with our Free Agency primer, which has all the Raiders position needs, team free agents, and wish list round-up.
- Just ahead of the negotiating period, division rival Chargers cleaning house with the releases of wide receiver Stevie Johnson, guard DJ Fluker, and cornerback Brandon Flowers.
- Across the bay, the 49ers made the release of Torrey Smith official. The 28-year-old receiver spent the past two seasons in San Francisco.
- Adrian Peterson reportedly wants to join either the Raiders or the Seahawks.
Source close to Adrian Peterson told me desirable landing spots for AP incl. Raiders & Seahawks. Source: they will know more later tonight.— StaceyDales (@StaceyDales) March 7, 2017
- It isn’t one sided interest either. According to his father, the Raiders are “for sure” interested in Adrian Peterson. Though reports since then suggest, while the Raiders have shown interest, it may not be quite as strong as AP senior would like everyone to think.
On #Raiders and Adrian Peterson: Source said interest level is more on his end to join team than theirs.— Adam Caplan (@caplannfl) March 8, 2017
Adrian Peterson dad on Raiders "They haven't been trying to get O-linemen from the bottom of the barrel & trying to make them into something— Chris Tomasson (@christomasson) March 8, 2017
- According to a league source, the Raiders have placed an original round tender on restricted free agent, Denico Autry.
- The Raiders are actively attempting to keep Menelik Watson. Among those vying for his services are the Broncos.
- As mentioned in my Raiders Free Agency Wishlist at linebacker, the Raiders are attempting to bring back ILB Perry Riley Jr. While Malcolm Smith is not expected back.
While #Raiders prepared to let ILB Malcolm Smith hit the free agent market, they are trying to get something done with ILB Perry Riley— Vic Tafur (@VicTafur) March 8, 2017
- According to a league source, the Raiders have placed tenders on Exclusive Rights Free Agents Seth Roberts, Gabe Holmes, and Denver Kirkland to retain them.
- Malcolm Smith is expected to join the 49ers. According to a report.
- Raiders reportedly still very interested in tight end Martellus Bennett, and feeling is apparently mutual.
- Free Agency has officially begun with all of the Raiders’ unrestricted free agents hitting the open market. Continue to follow along here.