After 12 years with the Raiders’, 11 as their everyday long snapper, Jon Condo’s time in Oakland is done. The 36-year-old veteran said Wednesday he was informed by the team they will not be bringing him back.
“Earlier today my agent informed me that I will no longer be an Oakland Raider,” Condo said in a message on twitter.
March 8, 2018
“Words can’t express the gratitude I have for the Davis family,” Condo continued. “They believed in me for 12 years and it was an honor to represent the Raider shield on and off the field. I will always value the meaning of ‘commitment to excellence’ and ingrain these characteristics in my children.
“Many thanks to all the fans for making my time in the Silver & Black memorable. We shared many great moments that I will cherish forever.
“Raider Nation, you are the BEST! Thank you.”
The move to not bring Condo back was not unexpected. He signed a one-year deal last offseason, presumably to finish his career the same time as Sebastian Janikowski, who was told last month that he would not be re-signed after 18 years in Oakland. I put he and Janikowski as a ‘Let ‘em walk’ among the Raiders free agent priorities for this reason.
In his 11 seasons with the Raiders, he missed just three games and made one Pro Bowl. The team signed two long snappers in January in preparation to move on from Condo.