Seven round drafts can be fascinating. Especially when you’re talking about one that has eleven picks as the Raiders do in this year’s draft. Dane Brugler of NFL Draft Scout put together a full 7-round mock draft for the entire NFL. Here are the picks he has the Raiders making:
Rd 1, pick 10: Roquan Smith, LB, Georgia
Off the board: DE Bradley Chubb, RB Saquon Barkley, S Derwin James, CB Denzel Ward
On the board: LB Tremaine Edmunds, DB Minkah Fitzpatrick, DT Vita Vea
Rd 2, pick 41: Da’Ron Payne, DT, Alabama
Rd 3, pick 75: Jamarco Jones, OT, Ohio State
Rd 4, pick 110: Michael Dickson, P, Texas
Rd 5, pick 159: Nick Nelson, CB, Wisconsin
Rd 5, pick 173: Allen Lazard, WR, Iowa State
Rd 6, pick 185: Damon Webb, S, Ohio State
Rd 6, pick 212: Deontay Burnett, WR, USC
Rd 6, pick 216: Joe Ostman, DE/FB, Central Michigan
Rd 6, pick 217: Zach Sieler, DL, Ferris State
Rd 7, pick 228: Sam Jones, OL, Arizona State
- That’s a pretty solid first two days, covering three Raiders major needs.
- Da’Ron Payne is a very good value at 41 and would be quite a find if he were still on the board. Most projections have him as a first round pick.
- Raiders go big and get punter Michael Dickson in the fourth round. That’’s a round higher than they drafted Shane Lechler in 2000.
- Love the Deontay Burnett pick in the sixth round. I had him on Raiders’ radar in the fifth round.
- Ostman was the nation’s sack leader last season (14.0). He visited the Raiders where they worked him out as a fullback. Read more on him here.