Minicamp has come to an end, and we’ve got a few weeks before training camp ramps up and the preseason begins. Silver & Black Pride is looking to welcome some new writers to cover the Raiders this season.
If you’re reading this, it’s safe to assume you love the Raiders. Keep reading, because this is your shot to join our team here at Silver and Black Pride and help us cover the team in 2018 and beyond.
What are we looking for?
We’ve got a few opportunities available:
- Deputy editor: Assist the managing editor with the day-to-day operation of the site; contribute game previews, recaps, opinion pieces, and other Raiders-related content as needed.
- Staff writer: Provide game previews, recaps, opinion pieces, and other Raiders-related content as needed.
- Social media coordinator: We need someone to manage our Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram accounts and keep them fun, engaging, and informative.
What skills and qualifications should you have?
We’re looking for people who:
- Have a passion for the Oakland Raiders.
- Ideally already enjoy reading, commenting, and participating in the Silver and Black Pride community.
- Are able to produce and edit clean copy.
- Are self-starters and comfortable meeting deadlines.
- Previous writing or social media management experience is strongly preferred.
How do you apply?
Please send a cover letter, resume, and writing sample to SB Nation’s talent manager for team brands, Jeanna Thomas, at email@example.com. You can also feel free to hit Jeanna up with any questions about the positions, Silver and Black Pride, or SB Nation in general.
These are contractor positions that pay monthly stipends. If your background and experience don’t perfectly align with every single thing we’re looking for, but you believe you have the potential to thrive in one of these roles, we encourage you to apply.