I found this to be an interesting study. A site called HomeToGo.com detailed what the combined cost would be for a fan to attend each game of their team’s season this year. The results have the Raiders as the third most expensive team to follow this year, with fans spending an average of $7,292.13 on them.
Here are the key findings for the Oakland Raiders:
- Oakland Raiders will be the 7th most expensive team to buy tickets for this season. It will cost an average of $3,042.00 to buy a ticket for each game.
- Oakland Raiders will be the 2nd most expensive team for drinks this year. It will cost an average of $139.50 to buy a drink at each game.
- Oakland Raiders will be the 9th most expensive team for food this year. It will cost an average of $87.75 to buy an hot-dog in the stadium at each game.
- Oakland Raiders will be the 2nd most expensive this year for away game transportation. It will cost an average of $3,182.00 for Oakland Raiders fans to travel to away games.
- Oakland Raiders will be the 16th most expensive team this year for away game lodgings. It will cost an average of $840.88 to stay at a vacation rental for each away game.
- Oakland Raiders will be the 3rd most expensive team to follow during the NFL this year. It will cost an estimated $7,292.13 to attend all the games.
Obviously, the Raiders trip to London brings up the cost due to the price of plane tickets. Of the eight teams playing internationally, four are in the top seven teams in terms of cost to the fan. The Raiders are the highest of those teams in part because it’s a home game they’re losing and because of the sheer distance of travel all the way from the West Coast. Even though that doesn’t explain why the Chargers — losing a home game and traveling farther — are 15th.