Monday the Raiders continued offseason workouts. The veterans have been at the facility working out since mid-April. Those workouts continued last week. But this week the players on the field grew by quite a bit because they were joined by the Raiders rookie class.
In total the Raiders on the field grew by 22 rookies. That’s 9 drafted rookies and 13 undrafted. The Raiders posted some shots from today’s workouts on the official website. Here are some select shots of the rookies, many alongside their veteran teammates.
- Trent Brown (foreground), Tyler Roemer (left), Andre James (right) Oakland Raiders
- Clelin Ferrel (foreground), James Cowser (left), Eddie Vanderdoes (right) Oakland Raiders
- Te’Von Coney Oakland Raiders
- Johnathan Abram Oakland Raiders
- Dylan Mabin Oakland Raiders
- Jon Gruden talks with Clelin Ferrell during warmups Oakland Raiders
- Lukayus McNeil (foreground), Lester Cotton Sr (background) Oakland Raiders
- Josh Jacobs Oakland Raiders
- Keelan Doss Oakland Raiders
- Brian Burt Oakland Raiders
- Daryl Worley in drills as Gareon Conley, Dylan Mabin, Nevin Lawson, Keisean Nixon, and NIck Nelson look on Oakland Raiders
- Keisean Nixon (foreground), Dylan Mabin (background) Oakland Raiders
- AJ Cole Oakland Raiders
- Quinton Bell works the blocking dummy as Benson Mayowa and Johnathan Hankins look on Oakland Raiders
- Isaiah Johnson Oakland Raiders
- Ronald Ollie Oakland Raiders
- Hunter Renfrow Oakland Raiders
- Josh Jacobs runs with the ball as Keith Smith clears the way Oakland Raiders
- “Raiders on 3. 1-2-3 Raiders” Oakland Raiders
Unlike phase one, phase two allows coaches to be on the field with the players. This isn’t the first time the Raiders rookies have set foot on the field with or without coaches. They held rookie minicamp the weekend following the draft. It’s just the first time any of them have gotten to take the field with their veteran Raiders teammates with whom they will share a practice field in Alameda for at least the next couple months.
Phase will conclude at the end of this week and give way to phase three next week which is the start of OTA’s.