Jones will likely start on Sunday against the visiting Buffalo Bills — along with fellow veteran Nelson Agholor — because of injuries to rookie starters Bryan Edwards and Henry Ruggs. It has been reported that Edwards is out with an ankle injury and that Ruggs is a long shot to play because of hamstring injury.
That would give Jones an opportunity to light up his former team when they visit Allegiant Stadium for the first time. Jones was a second-round pick (No. 37 overall) by the Bills in the 2017 draft. Buffalo then traded Jones to the Raiders last October for a 2021 fifth-round pick.
Jones hasn’t made a big impact for the Raiders so far, however. He has 24 catches in 13 games for the Raiders. Yet, Raiders quarterback Derek Carr said Jones is excited to face his former team.
“I definitely have seen an excitement,” Carr said. “He has a lot of friends that played there and anytime, as a competitor, you get traded or you get released, you obviously want to play well against your former team.”
There is no doubt, the Raiders could use a lift from Jones on Sunday.
In other Raiders’ links:
- Memories of the 1990s: Amy Trask and The Athletic recount the zany ‘90s Raiders.
- Good sign: The Raiders’ receivers haven’t had any drops this season, which is unusual.
- Hunter loves Hunter: Football’s Hunter Renfrow shouts out baseball’s Hunter Renfroe.
- More on Darren Waller foundation issue: The Athletic chimes in on the topic.
- Not buying Carr’s thoughts; Pro Football Talk has some harsh words for Carr on that matter.