The Las Vegas Raiders have struggled with their pass rush all season as they have just nine sacks in eight games.
Thirteen NFL teams have allowed 54 or more quarterback hits this season. The Raiders play five games against those teams including facing the Denver Broncos twice, beginning Sunday in Las Vegas. The Broncos have allowed 64 quarterback hits.
The Raiders also play the 0-9 New York Jets, who also have allowed 64 quarterback hits; the Chargers, who have allowed 54 quarterback hits; and the Atlanta Falcons, who have allowed 56 quarterback hits.
Now is the time for the Raiders’ pass rush to get well. However, they just played the Chargers and managed just two sacks ... so there is clearly still work to do, but the opportunity for more sacks is there.
In other Raiders’ news:
- The Ruggs’ question: The San Jose Mercury News examines what rookie receiver Henry Ruggs III needs to do to get going.
- Top-10 QB: Yep, that’s how FanSided sees Derek Carr this week.
- Where do Raiders rank? Check out Yahoo’s Week 10 Power Rankings and see.
- Raiders were part of Week 9 trend: The Raiders were among several road underdogs who won last week.
- Get a better watch, Anthony Lynn: Pro Football Talk looks at the Chargers’ terrible clock management at the end of their loss to the Raiders. Oh well, right?