My Pro Bowl dream is coming true in 2021.
As the NFL announced earlier in the season, the actual game will not be played this year due to the coronavirus pandemic. But the NFC and AFC Pro Bowls teams will still be announced. I always wanted that to be the case. The actual Pro Bowl team is an important way to honor the league’s best players each year and it factors in Pro Football Hall of Fame consideration. The game itself, though, is always garbage because so many top players bail out.
The voting for the perfect Pro Bowl has now begun so it is time to support your favorite Raiders. There are several Las Vegas players who merit big Pro Bowl consideration, including quarterback Derek Carr, running back Josh Jacobs, tight end Darren Waller, center Rodney Hudson, guard Gabe Jackson, defensive end Maxx Crosby (if he keeps the sacks coming) and kicker Daniel Carlson.
The game was supposed to be at Allegiant Stadium, but the next Pro Bowl, in January 2022, will be played in Las Vegas. On Tuesday, the league announced plans cool virtual Pro Bowl activities for players and fans.
In other Raiders’ links:
- Chiefs are mad: Check out this tweet by the Kansas City Chiefs,
- Big day for safety: The San Jose Mercury News has a look at Jeff Heath’s career day Sunday.
- Carr on the move: Derek Carr is rising in FanSided’s quarterback rankings.
- Where are the Raiders ranked: Check out the Pro Football Talk’s Week 11 NFL power rankings.
- Another famous KC bus ride: The Raiders’ joy ride at Arrowhead Stadium last month is in the news, but the Athletic has a look at another great moment in Raider’s bus history.