Will the Las Vegas Raiders — who are 4-3 in and the thick of the AFC playoff race — make a trade to shore up their defense before the NFL trade deadline at 1 p.m. PT Tuesday?
Veteran Raiders reporter Jerry McDonald doesn’t anticipate any deals made by the Raiders that would add big salaries. The Raiders don’t have a ton of salary cap space, so that approach makes sense.
I don’t put anything past Jon Gruden when it comes to trying to add talent, so anything is possible with him and general manager Mike Mayock trying to make the team better. But the reality of finances has to be considered as well in these final hours before the deadline.
In other Raiders’ links:
- Grades are in: The San Jose Mercury News has some good grades to deliver from the Raiders’ win at Cleveland.
- Chargers trade: The Los Angeles Chargers, who the Raiders play Sunday, traded defensive back Desmond King to the Tennessee Titans.
- Odds increasing: The Raiders now have a 52 percent chance of making the playoffs according to this piece.
- Identity game? The Las Vegas Review Journal thinks the win over the Browns was exactly that.
- Trent Brown update: The Athletic reports on Trent Brown’s scary trip to Cleveland.