Bryan Edwards began his rookie season as a starting wide receiver for the Las Vegas Raiders.
However, with three games remaining, the third-round pick from South Carolina has yet to make a real impact. Edwards played 20 snaps in a 44-27 loss to the Indianapolis Colts on Sunday. But he wasn’t targeted on any of the 12 plays he ran routes on, according to the Associated Press.
Edwards has eight catches for 131 yards in nine games played. He missed four games after suffering an ankle injury in Week 3 at New England. Nelson Agholor established himself as a starter when Edwards was injured and the rookie has been a bit player since his return.
While the Raiders need more out of Edwards, his future is still bright. I wouldn’t be shocked if he merges as a strong starter in 2021.
In other Raiders links:
- Beasley plays more: Pass-rusher Vic Beasley played 24 snaps against the Colts after playing eight snaps in his Raiders’ debut in Week 13.
- Breaking down big move: The Athletic chimes in on the Paul Guenther firing.
- Talking playoffs: The Athletic looks at the Raiders’ playoff chances.
- Grades time: The San Jose Mercury News has Raiders’ Week 14 grades.
- Turnover problem: The Raiders have committed an NFL-high 10 turnovers in the past three games,