The Las Vegas Raiders had a really, really bad Thursday. And then they topped it off by having a pretty bad Sunday as well, without even playing.
Las Vegas lost a heartbreaking overtime game to the Los Angeles Chargers on Thursday, 30-27. That left their playoff dreams on a lifeline.
And then they were stomped out. Mostly.
As Blake laid out yesterday, here’s what the Raiders wanted to happen on Sunday:
- The Patriots beat the Dolphins
- The Jaguars beat the Ravens
- The Texans beat the Colts
- The Lions beat the Titans
- The Giants beat the Browns
Yeah, uhh ... that really did not go according to plan.
The Raiders aren’t officially dead. Prior to the Sunday Night Football game, Steve Kornacki on the NBC broadcast put their playoff odds at 2%. FiveThirtyEight was a little less optimistic, giving them a <1% chance.
Still ... both of those are chances.
The Raiders dreams for the postseason aren’t dead. But if we’re being realistic ... yeah, they’re dead.
In other Raiders’ news:
- Angry but injured QB1: Derek Carr is “pissed,” and wants to play through his injury.
- Sensing a trend: The Raiders are just another example of a Jon Gruden team that struggled late.
- Still time for silver linings: The Raiders have some things they can do to have a productive final few weeks.
- Look to the future: Who will the Raiders select in the 2021 draft?