There’s nothing like a little playoff jockeying help on a Wednesday afternoon.
As the Las Vegas Raiders worked hard to erase the stink of their Week 12 blowout loss at the Atlanta Falcons, the Pittsburgh Steelers finally closed out Week 12 by beating the Baltimore Ravens 19-14 in a game that was twice delayed because of the coronavirus. The Ravens fell to 6-5 with the loss as the NFL officially heads to Week 13.
The Baltimore defeat was important and helpful to the Raiders, who are also 6-5. The Raiders currently hold an edge over the Ravens in a tight AFC playoff fight. The Raiders are currently one spot out of the seven-team AFC playoff picture as shown here;.
Ravens’ loss was good for the Patriots pic.twitter.com/AKCvDwe3H6— Ben Volin (@BenVolin) December 2, 2020
The Raiders were in the No. 7 slot heading into Week 12, but the loss to the Falcons knocked them back. But with games coming up against Indianapolis and Miami, the Raiders are still in strong position in the playoff picture. It wouldn’t be a surprise, if the Raiders beat the 0-11 New York Jets on Sunday (they better), that they climb back into the top seven spots after Week 13.
In other Raiders links:
- No bowl game at Allegiant Stadium: The Las Vegas Bowl has been cancelled.
- Where does Derek Carr rank? Check out FanSided’s quarterback rankings.
- Cool cleats: The Raiders give a sneak peek at their players’ special cleats for great causes.
- Daniel Carlson having special season: The Raiders kicker already has scored 100 points this season.
- What could have been: Aaron Rodgers thought he was going to be Raider. If only.