As of this writing, the Chiefs are a runaway winner. I think that may be a stretch. Yet, it got me thinking. Which Las Vegas players would be on the starting 22 if the Raiders, Broncos and Chargers became one roster?
I’d say quarterback Derek Carr, running back Josh Jacobs, tight end Darren Waller, center Rodney Hudson and right tackle Trent Brown would also be starters. That’s almost half the offense, which is pretty good.
Defensively, we would be using a 3-4 defense because both the Broncos and Chargers run a 3-4 and the majority rules in a three-team union.
So, that would keep Maxx Crosby and Maurice Hurst off the starting lineup, but they’d surely be rotational players on this super team.
Cory Littleton, who started as a 3-4 inside linebacker for the Rams, would be a starter on a strong linebacker unit.
Because the Broncos and Chargers are stout in the secondary, I wouldn’t be able to find a current Raider fit in the starting secondary. Although, promising 2019 first-round pick Johnathan Abram would certainly make some noise.
Still, the Raiders would have their share of key contributors on this AFC West super team.
On to other new links for Friday:
- Impact of a Denver-Cleveland draft deal for Las Vegas: Mike Lombardi mentions in his podcast that the Broncos are looking up to move from No. 15 and are talking to the Cleveland Browns at No. 10 to trade up and get a receiver. The Jets at No. 11 and the Raiders at No. 12 are also in the receiver market. So, the Broncos are reportedly motivated to move up.
- 2020 schedule could end-load division games: ESPN reports that the NFL is planning to release the schedule May 8-9 and will have a plan in case the season has to be shortened due to the coronavirus pandemic. The Athletic reports that means most of the division games will likely be scheduled in the final two months. That would be wild.
- Raiders are draft-capital rich: ESPN reports the Raiders’ have the 6th most draft capital. That gives them some good trading ammo.
- Raiders eying first-round defensive tackles?: NBA Bay Area looks at some possible Raiders’ draft targets on the defensive line.
- More Raiders draft rumors: The Athletic connects Colorado linebacker Davion Taylor to the Raiders.