On Tuesday, there was a report saying the Raiders could jump on a falling Tua Tagovailoa in this week’s draft.
Now, the Alabama quarterback is being connected to Las Vegas once again.
I know, I know, I can’t wait for the draft to get here Thursday night, either. Hang in there, it’s almost here.
CBS Sports is linking the Raiders as one of five potential trade partners with the Detroit Lions, who are reportedly shopping the No. 3 pick.
In the Raiders-Lions scenario, the proposed idea is to trade up to draft Tagovailoa.
Here is the reasoning from CBS Sports:
The report also says the Raiders could opt for Ohio State cornerback Jeff Okudah or Clemson linebacker Isaiah Simmons.
If the Raiders move up, I’d go for one of the defensive players. But I don’t think I’d go past five for either Okudah or Simmons. Again, I can’t flat-out say the Raiders will or won’t do anything. No one can, but I’d be plenty surprised to write Tagovailoa’s name here on Thursday night.
In other Raiders’ new links:
- A nameless scout rips Simmons: It happens every year. An anonymous scout told The Athletic that Simmons is the most overrated player in this draft. He is expected to be a sure top-10 pick.
- Not everyone agrees: Hall of Fame executive Bill Polian went on SiriusXM NFL and compared Simmons to Steelers’ Hall of Fame safety Troy Polamalu. Who do we believe?
- No gambling, please: The Las Vegas Review-Journal says the city’s new team can’t take risky gambles in the first round.
- Odds are strong for draft trade: BETMGM has put on odds that the Raiders will trade either No. 12 or No. 19.
- Mapping out a trade at No. 19: NBC Bay Area breaks down potential trades of the No. 19 pick.