The Michael Jordan Last Dance 30 for 30 ESPN documentary was a smashing success and next in the works is a Tom Brady nine-part series titled The Man in the Arena from director and die-hard Patriots fan, Gotham Chopra.
Hell yes! We’re in.
Snake was the face of the Raiders’ great roster of renegades in the 1970s. He was a fascinating figure dating back to his roots in rural Alabama and then became a star for Paul “Bear” Bryant’s Alabama Crimson Tide before joining the Raiders.
Stabler was a good time Charlie who is famous for saying he studied his playbook by the light of the bar jukebox. He partied hard and was of the most clutch players in NFL history.
Snake was my first favorite football player. I’d love to see something deeper produced on his life.
We do have something to watch about Stabler, at least. The NFL Network did a Football Life special on him after his death in 2015.
In other Raiders’ links:
- A nod to Mark Davis: The San Jose Mercury News gives credit to Mark Davis for the way he has run the team since 2011.
- Rookie gems: Bleacher Report has their choices for rookie surprises for all 32 teams.
- Funny stuff: Fans didn’t like seeing a Broncos’ uniform on the Raiders’ Twitter account and the team fixed it.
- Kwiatkoski feature: The Athletic has a look at new Raiders’ starting linebacker Nick Kwiatkoski.
- Tanner Muse hype: The Raiders’ Twitter account has a fun video of Muse, a third-round pick.