Crosby, a fourth-round 2019 draft pick who had 10 sacks as a rookie, said on the show that he was frustrated he didn’t sack Kansas City Chiefs star quarterback Patrick Mahomes in either of their two meetings last season.
Via Fansided, this is what Crosby had to say:
Some may say that Crosby shouldn’t have said he is going to sack Mahomes. But not me ... so what? Shout it from the rooftop, Maxx. Tell people every day that you are going to sack Mahomes. That’s your job.
I seriously don’t think Mahomes — who has won an NFL MVP and a Super Bowl MVP award in his two seasons as a starter — will worry about what any defensive player promises. Mahomes gets it. He knows what Crosby’s job is.
These two will be rivals for the next decade. There will be great battles. Bring it on. I can’t wait to see these two challenge each other Oct. 11 in Kansas City.
Meanwhile, on a more serious note, Crosby said on the same podcast that he has spoken out about racial injustice out of respect to his teammates and he felt like he’d be a coward if he didn’t speak up. Keep up the good fight, Maxx.
In other Raiders links:
- Mr. Checkdown?: The AP shows that Derek Carr has checked down the third-most in the NFL over the past two season.
- Wade loves Littleton: Former Rams’ defensive coordinator Wade Phillips has big words for new Raiders’ — and former Rams — linebacker Cory Littleton in an interview with The Athletic.
- Solid supporting cast: Bleacher Report thinks Carr has the 14th best supporting cast in the NFL. Not bad.
- Happy with his feet: Raiders’ receiver Tyrell Williams told The Athletic his injured feet are improving. He suffered with injuries to both feet last season.
- Offensive plan: NFL reporter Adam Caplan has some notes on the Raiders’ offensive scheme heading into 2020.