Players are scheduled to report to LA Raiders training camp as early as Tuesday, July 21. Rookies will report on Tuesday, with quarterbacks and injured players reporting on Thursday, July 23.
The remaining players will report to camp on Tuesday, July 28.
NFL clubs just received this email with reporting dates.— Tom Pelissero (@TomPelissero) July 18, 2020
Training camp is on. pic.twitter.com/lya1JtxW4o
Prior to the coronavirus pandemic, the Raiders were scheduled to hold their training camp in Napa, California. As I talked about in my article yesterday, it made sense ... well, because you know, it’s so damn hot in Las Vegas.
However, the NFL said that due to the pandemic, teams must hold their training camps in their home markets. So, they’ll be practicing at their new facility in Henderson, Nevada.
Here are the latest rules in regards to training camp.
As of now, only 20 players would be allowed in the facility at a time, until the NFLPA signs off on infectious disease emergency response plans for each club. If protocols aren't met, a grievance could follow. But clubs have the right to set reporting dates within CBA rules.— Tom Pelissero (@TomPelissero) July 18, 2020
As the tweet mentions, there will be limits on how players are allowed in the facility at once. Players have yet to agree to health and safety protocols for handling the ongoing coronavirus pandemic. If these protocols aren’t met, the NFL Players Association could file a potential grievance.
Other Raiders news:
- Maxx Crosby got a very disappointing 77 rating in Madden ... and for good reason, he’s upset.
- “I knew coming into the league that I wanted to continue my education in some sort of way; I just didn’t know when or what that would look like.” Rodney Hudson is a 3x Pro Bowler and now has a fresh MBA to add to his accolades.
- Ben Davidson impacted Raiders’ defense, NFL rulebook.
- The Raiders are not among teams confirming reduced capacity quite yet.
- The latest Raiders mailbag from The Athletic. Jadeveon Clowney, Clelin Ferrell and football in October.