The Las Vegas Review Journal reports Raiders’ president Marc Badain referred to Allegiant Stadium as the “Death Star” while saying the team needs a new nickname for their beautiful, new practice facility in Henderson, Nevada.
The Death Star nickname has been pushed by many fans (including on this site) and it’s a good one. Allegiant Stadium is circular, black and looks menacing. It’s a perfect new home for this franchise. The Raiders have long enjoyed having an aura of being a dark, sinister enemy for opposing teams. Darth Raider is part of the Raider Nation, so why not play in the Death Star to keep the Star Wars theme going?
It’s great that the Raiders enjoy it, too. I’m telling you, seeing this team in this cool, new stadium is going to be so fun.
In other Raiders’ links:
- Big fight: Allegiant Stadium may host the Wilder-Fury fight in December.
- Gruden makes a safety statement: Raiders’ coach Jon Gruden proudly works at his desk wearing a mask.
- Beer partner: The Raiders’ beer partner in Las Vegas will be Coors.
- Clemson talk: NBC Bay Area digs into the latest Clemson draft picks by the Raiders, Tanner Muse and John Simpson.
- New cheerleader HQ: The Las Vegas Review Journal reports the Raiders’ cheerleaders have a new home in Las Vegas, too.