Brandon Thorn of the Establishing the Run is known as one of the better internet analysts on offensive-line play. He has ranked both left tackles and right tackles by tiers. The Raiders did solidly in his ranking, especially right tackle Trent Brown.
Brown was put in the second tier (there were six tiers in all) at right tackle and ranked sixth overall at that position. Las Vegas left tackle Kolton Miller was less thought of, but he didn’t have a terrible ranking. Thorn placed the third-year player in the fourth tier at left tackle, ranking him as the 16th best overall.
Therefore, Thorn believes Brown is an upper-level right tackle and Miller is an average left tackle.
The Raiders can live with that, especially since Miller is an ascending player. The 2018 first-round pick made big strides last season and he could do the same this season. Perhaps, next season, Miller and Brown will both be top-10 players at their position by Thorn.
In other Raiders’ links:
- Mark Davis opens up: The Athletic has a nice look at Raiders’ owner Mark Davis.
- Not a great Carr stat: The AP points out Derek Carr’s stats worsen as the season goes on.
- Decision time: Yes, Carr will arrive to camp even with so many unanswered questions.
- Raiders preparing for testing: The Raiders have set up a coronavirus testing area for players at their facility. Yes, it will be busy for the next few weeks.
- Speed test: Raiders’ receivers Henry Ruggs III and Rico Gafford may hit the track.