According to Ian Rapoport, the Raiders are expected to sign free-agent running back Jeremy Hill, pending a physical and his COVID-19 test.
The #Raiders hosted free agent RB Jeremy Hill today and plan to sign him a contract, source said. A deal is pending his physical and his COVID-19 test. The former #Patriots and #Bengals RB last played in 2018, and would be a low-risk add.— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) July 31, 2020
Throughout his career, Hill has appeared in 55 career games and rushed for 2,898 yards. He has averaged over four yards per carry and has scored 29 career touchdowns. As a rookie, Hill rushed for 1,124 yards and nine touchdowns back in 2014. Then in 2015, Hill rushed for 11 touchdowns, the most in the NFL. All 29 of his touchdowns came during his first three seasons.
Hill suffered a torn ACL in 2018, hence why he didn’t play in 2019. He won’t be competing for the starting role, but he adds a solid veteran presence in the backfield should injuries occur.
Hill told The New Orleans Advocate last season that he was working to get back to 100 percent and land another job in the league.
“I think for me coming off a big ACL injury, I’m just doing what I can to get back to 100%,” Hill told the Advocate. “I know there’s going to be a job waiting on me when I get cleared, so that’s all I’m doing now. I’m just trying to get healthy and once that happens, I’ll be back. I’m pretty close. I’m about eight months out of surgery, so hopefully soon.”
Other Raiders news
- Veteran Tight End Jason Witten: A Leader the Raiders Needed
- Construction of Allegiant Stadium achieves Certificate of Occupancy
- Former Raiders wide receiver Antonio Brown suspended by the NFL for eight games
- Las Vegas Raiders’ coach Jon Gruden on Marcus Mariota: ‘I’ve been impressed’
- Henry Ruggs III discusses his friendship with Josh Jacobs and building chemistry with teammates
- Pac-12 moves football title game out of Las Vegas for 2020
- The Silver and Black hit the field at Intermountain Healthcare Performance Center to begin 2020 Training Camp in Las Vegas. Check out this video of highlights.