We all know the Las Vegas Raiders have been one of the teams most connected to Jacksonville Jaguars’ pass rusher Yannick Ngakoue in trade talks since April.
In fact, the Raiders have been the team that has been most connected to a trade for Ngakoue. Talks resurfaced last week with reports saying the Raiders are keeping in touch with the Jaguars. Any trade for Ngakoue would be complicated because the Jaguars will want a lot in return for the player, who has 37.5 career sacks in four seasons, and Ngakoue would want a hefty new deal.
In addition to the Raiders, the New York Jets and the Philadelphia Eagles have often been connected to Ngakoue. Perhaps there is another, better option for the Jaguars to make a deal with.
USA Today’s Touchdown Wire looked at potential NFL trades. It has Ngakoue going to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. It’s interesting and he’d fit with Tampa Bay. But I haven’t heard much talk about the Buccaneers.
The truth is, the Jaguars can send Ngakoue anywhere, including Las Vegas. It just comes down to everything fitting between two teams.
In other Raiders’ links
- High hopes for Edwards: Yahoo thinks third-round pick, receiver Bryan Edwards could have a big season.
- 2021 draft look: The Athletic has an early look at the top 2021 draft prospects.
- Getting ready for strange season: The Las Vegas Review Journal looks at how the Raiders are preparing for a season during a pandemic.
- Alex Ingold ready: After a big rookie season, Raiders’ fullback Alex Ingold is ready to take the next step.
- Up, down: The Athletic looks at the risers and fallers of the Raiders’ training camp thus far.