Of course, every college football program wants to see its alumni do well when they make it to the NFL. It’s good optics for everyone.
Still, sometimes memories fade as the years separate players from college programs. Yet, it is clear Nelson Agholor made an impression at USC. The school’s football program tweeted out its support of the wide receiver as he attempts to make an impact with the Raiders this season. It found this tweet unusual ... and tremendous.
It shows what type of person Agholor is and how badly people are rooting for him. A first-round pick by the Philadelphia Eagles, Agholor was known more for dropping balls than making a big impact in Philly.
Yet, he has been praised by the Raiders since signing as a free agent this offseason. With Tyrell Williams’ season in jeopardy because of a torn labrum, Agholor has a chance for an expanded role in Las Vegas this season.
There’s no doubt, the fine folks at USC are rooting for him.
In other Raiders’ links:
- Double take; Hunter Renfrow is buddies with Hunter Renfroe. Yes, you read that correctly.
- Grab a bib: Here is a look at the food options at Allegiant Stadium ... when fans finally get to attend games.
- Ruggs can separate: Look at these PFF college stats on Raiders’ top pick, receiver Henry Ruggs III.
- The blitz: The Las Vegas Review Journal has the latest Raiders’ coverage here.
- Jones impressing; The Raider’s website has a look at veteran receiver Zay Jones, who is having a good training camp.