Forget winning a Super Bowl or MVP, this is the coolest thing Josh Jacobs will win.
OK, probably not, but definitely the most unique.
After his incredible Week 1 performance, Jacobs was named Snickers’ first “Hungriest Player of the Week” for the 2020 season. Jacobs was unstoppable last week on the road at Carolina, as he finished with 29 touches, 139 yards and three rushing touchdowns.
Along with the title comes a special diamond chain that reads “HUNGRY” below the iconic Snickers “S,” which includes more than 31 carats of 2,374 brilliant-cut diamonds, blue sapphires and red rubies. Throughout the season, Snickers and the NFL will pass the iced-out chain — created by famed jeweler Ben Baller — from one player to the next.
Towards the end of the regular season, Snickers fans will weigh in on selecting the league’s “Hungriest Player of the Year” and proceeds from the sale of the chain will be donated to benefit heroes on the frontlines fighting COVID-19.
Fans can follow the hashtag #SNICKERSchain on social to stay up-to-date on who will wear it next, and for chances to win exclusive prizes.
In other Raiders’ links:
- Las Vegas Raiders name BetMGM as first sports betting partner.
- The Raiders are offering game day food and merchandise packages at Allegiant Stadium.
- Raiders set for Las Vegas debut vs. Saints in empty stadium.
- Inaugural season Las Vegas Raiders Coke cans released — check ‘em out here
- Raiders signed DB Dallin Leavitt to the practice squad. In a corresponding move, they released DB Jordan Brown from the practice squad.