The Raiders will have their first home game in their brand new Allegiant Stadium on Monday night. Though it’s the home opener, there will be no fans in attendance, which takes away a major home-field advantage. Whether there are fans or not, the New Orleans Saints would still likely be favored in this game.
They are still favored, as they are 5.5 point favorites. However, nobody is giving the Raiders a shot at winning this game — 90% of experts surveyed by NFL Pickwatch are picking the Saints to win again in Week 2. 9 out of 10 people!
Surprisingly, the Saints aren’t even the most favored team this week, as there are nine different teams that were given higher than a 91 percent chance of winning. So in a way, I guess the Raiders are getting ... respected?
What would you go with?
This poll is closed
In other Raiders’ links:
- Jalen Richard embraces role backing up Josh Jacobs.
- Raiders Mailbag: How will the Silver and Black step up on defense in Week 2?
- Raiders ready for big opening act on Las Vegas Strip.
- Jon Gruden tempts fate, ignores history of the actual Death Star.
- To continue his development into a complete back, Josh Jacobs got a little help from Hunter Renfrow.
- After battling drug and alcohol addiction, Raiders TE Darren Waller also finds purpose in sobriety.