The NFL rumor mill lit up on Tuesday when NFL reporter Josina Anderson reported the New Orleans Saints would be open to trading running back Alvin Kamara. They are having issues agreeing on a new contract.
I'm told the Saints are open to trading RB Alvin Kamara, per source.— IG: JosinaAnderson (@JosinaAnderson) September 1, 2020
While Kamara could certainly stay with the Saints, it is interesting, to say the least, that he could be on the open market. Could the Raiders be players for Kamara?
You know my approach on player pursuits: Never say never. Jon Gruden loves playmakers and Kamara is certainly that. The Raiders’ offense would be insane with the addition of Kamara.
However, with that said, I’d highly doubt this would be an ultimate fit. The biggest issue, of course, is the contract. He is looking for a deal averaging in the $16 million range. There is no way the Raiders can take on that type of deal with their own star running back, Josh Jacobs, in line for a similar deal in two years.
It’s hard to play one running back, nonetheless, two running backs to choosing backs. While, in a perfect NFL world, Kamara would be a ridiculous add to Gruden’s playbook, the reality of the league probably makes this fit nothing more than a beautiful pipe dream.
In other Raiders’ links:
- O-line love: Two Raiders are ranked high in this interior offensive line ranking by PFF.
- Raiders concerns: Longtime Raiders’ scribe Jerry McDonald looks at potential worries.
- Let’s look at every game: Yes, Fansided is predicting every NFL game this season.
- High hopes for Jacobs: ESPN thinks Jacobs is going to be one of the best players in the NFL this season. Sure, why not?
- Mark is happy: In an interview with the Las Vegas Review Journal, Raiders’ owner Mark Davis raves about the new Allegiant Stadium.