Then Patrick Mahomes started doing Patrick Mahomes things on Sunday. After being stymied by the Chargers for much of the game, Mahomes and the Super Bowl champions won 23-20 in overtime at SoFI Stadium to move to 2-0. Mahomes is 9-0 in his career in September games.
The Chargers fell to 1-1, but there was a major silver lining for LA. First-round 2020 draft pick quarterback Justin Herbert looked great in an emergency start because of a pre-game injury suffered by Tyrod Taylor. So Herbert’s future appears bright.
Meanwhile, the Denver Broncos fell to 0-2 in a, 26-21, loss at Pittsburgh. The Broncos lost quarterback Drew Lock for two to six weeks with a shoulder injury. The Broncos have lost two close game and the injuries are piling up.
In other Raiders’ links:
- Feeling good about Ruggs: Adam Caplan reports the Raiders are still feeling good about rookie receiver Henry Ruggs III starting tonight. He has a knee injury, but he practiced Saturday.
- Take a guess: Who will be the first person to light the Al Davis torch at Allegiant Stadium?
- Old buddies: Jon Gruden and Sean Payton go way back.
- Monday Night Memories: Gruden and Jason Witten know a thing about Monday Night Football.
- Look at who likes this team? Terry Bradshaw?