After opening the 2020 NFL season with wins at the Carolina Panthers and at home over the New Orleans Saints, the Raiders are 2-0 for the first time in three years and for just the fourth time in 24 years.
The Raiders are one of 11 undefeated teams in the NFL. According to Pro Football Talk, that is tied for the most 2-0 teams in league history. It has happened three other times and last occurred in 2008.
The other undefeated teams are Kansas City, Baltimore, Buffalo, Pittsburgh, Tennessee, Arizona, Chicago, Green Bay, L.A. Rams and Seattle. There are currently six unbeaten teams in the AFC and the playoffs have been expanded to seven teams. So, the Raiders are heading in the right direction with an eighth of the season in the books.
In other Raiders’ links:
- Playoff odds: If the Raiders win at New England in Week 3, their playoff odds will be pretty good, with a 63% chance of making the post-season.
- Happy from afar: The Athletic writes that even Oakland could appreciate Monday night’s win.
- Third-quarter madness: Check out these Raiders’ third-quarter numbers from the AP.
- Hard to lose this way: The Raiders have been dominant in terms of time of possession.
- NFL Power Rankings: The Raiders are ranked No. 10 in the NFL in CBS Sports’ Week 3 power rankings.