Jon Gruden and four other NFL head coaches are reportedly looking to get their huge fine for not following NFL coronavirus guidelines in Week 2 overturned.
The NFL Network reported that Gruden, New Orleans’ coach Sean Payton, San Francisco’s Kyle Shanahan, Seattle’s Pete Carroll and Denver’s Vic Fangio will appeal their $100,00 fines they all received after not properly wearing their face masks in Week 2. Their respective teams were all fined $250,000. The appeals are supposed to be heard this week.
In a loss to the Patriots on Sunday, it appeared that Gruden did a much better job of wearing his mask. Perhaps that will serve him some good behavior brownie points during his appeal.
In other Raiders’ links:
- More coronavirus issues: ESPN reported the NFL is investigating whether the Raiders broke coronavirus guidelines in Week 2.
- Week 3 review: The Las Vegas Review Journal broke down the loss to the Patriots.
- Making history: Raiders’ quarterback is one touchdown pass from tying Hall of Famer Kenny Stabler for the most in team history.
- Clelin Ferrell not bringing heat: 2019 No. 4 overall draft pick Clelin Ferrell is not making an impact as a pass-rusher.
- More snaps for Hurst: Defensive tackle Maurice Hurst is getting more time on the field.