Jon Gruden loves his quarterbacks and Buffalo Bills’ young standout Josh Allen has caught his attention.
Gruden threw big praise at the red-hot Allen on Monday as he prepares to face him and the 3-0 Bills in Las Vegas on Sunday. Allen is an early MVP candidate as he has thrown 10 touchdown passes in three games. He is also a threat on the ground.
Gruden got so excited in hyping up Allen that he even compared him to Hall of Famer John Elway.
“The quarterback is eye-opening. He is a fun guy to watch, man,” Gruden said on Monday about Allen. “He can really throw the ball. He’s got a great playing style. He’s got a lot of John Elway playing style. He can scramble, he’s strong, he’s tough. He’s a big-time player.”
The Bills beat the Rams 35-32 in Buffalo last Sunday, despite LA making a thrilling fourth-quarter comeback.
Clearly, Gruden will be thinking about Allen a lot in the next five days.
In other Raiders’ links:
- Need more diversity: According to the Athletic, the Raiders’ have the third least diverse coaching staff in the NFL this season.
- Buffalo is scary: The Bills are humming.
- Bad memory: Lane Kiffin reacts to his infamous blunder as the Raiders’ coach.
- Not every Raiders’ defender had a bad day in New England: PFF graded Raiders’ cornerback Trayvon Mullen very highly for his Week 3 play.
- Report card time: Raiders’ grades from the San Jose Mercury News.